Art in the Library
The County of Lennox and Addington Public Libraries are proud to support the community’s culture and talent. It is for this reason that we have started the “Art in the Library” program in partnership with the Greater Napanee Area Arts Association (GNAAA). A prominent feature wall was created at the Napanee Branch Library specifically for this program where artists can display their work for a two-month period.
Emergent Light (Winter 2017)
Denise dePencier and Michelle Hutchinson will be exhibiting their work from January 4th to February 28th. A ‘Meet the Artist’ event will take place on January 19th, 6:30pm.
Work by Michelle Hutchinson
- Promise Blossoms, 30×30, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $850
- A Wash of Light, 36×36, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $1,050
- Song of Spring, 30×60, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $1,500
- Resonance, 36×36, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $1,050
- Chronicles of Love, 48×48, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $1,900
- Perennial Hope, 20×20, Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas, Resin, White Floating Frame, $550
- Hidden Gems, 10×10, Encaustic on Board, Taupe Floating Frame, $180
- Ebullient 30×30, Mixed Media, Resin, White Floating Frame, $850
Work by Denise dePencier
- Disillusioned, 15 x 16, Mixed Media on Board, NFS
- When we Meet in Heaven, 12 x 24, mixed Media on Canvas, NFS
- Electric Smile, 34 x 36, Mixed Media on Wrapped Canvas, $400
- Giz Us a Kiss, 15 x 15, Acrylic on Wrapped Canvas, NFS
- Terra Inferma, 12 x 16 Mixed Media on Wrapped Canvas, NFS
- Fire Island, 14 ½ x 16, Mixed Media, $350
- Broken Boughs, 10 x 10, Acrylic on Canvas, $125
- Into the Frey, 16 x 16, Acrylic on Canvas, $175
- In Your Eyes, 12 x 12, Acrylic on Canvas, NFS
- Lean on Me, 13 x 17, Watercolour, $175
- Switzerville Twist, 16 x 20, Mixed Media on Canvas $125
- Ol’ Mine Shaft, Colbalt, ON., 20 x 40, Acrylic on Canvas, $500
- Coming into the Light, 18 x 36, Acrylic on Canvas, $750
- Man Versus Mother Earth, Who Will Win? 20 x 40, Acrylic on Canvas, $500
- Clear the Mine, 18 x 12, Acrylic on Board, $125
Artists are required to apply directly with the GNAAA and sign a Letter of Agreement. The GNAAA and the Library reserve the right to refuse any exhibit or display deemed inappropriate or unsuitable to either organization’s mission, goals, policies, and best interests. Artists who are interested in the program should contact Elaine Taranu of the GNAAA at email@example.com.
Assessment of Applicants:
A jury of GNAAA members will complete an assessment that will be based on:
- Variety, techniques, subjects;
- Appropriateness for the space;
- Relevance to the community;
- Relevance to the goals of the Library;
- Appropriateness for a general audience.
Terms & Conditions
The County of Lennox and Addington Public Libraries is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of display items. The exhibitor assumes any required insurance coverage. The artist, with assistance from GNAAA and library staff, is responsible for set up and dismantling the display at an agreed upon date and time. Any display or exhibit not dismantled in the time frame outlined in the agreement will be removed without any assumption of risk by the Library staff.
Exhibit Fees & Sales:
There will be no fees charged to exhibitors for the use of the display space. The Library staff will not act as an agent with respect to sale of work by the artist. Works may not be priced, but the artist may provide a price list with contact information that will be kept at the Information Desk.
The Library will assist with the promotion of the exhibits as part of the library’s regular marketing program, including information on the library’s website and social media pages.